Sunset Yurt is tucked up on a knoll in the forest on 33 private mountainside acres at Nurture Through Nature.
Sunset Yurt offers westerly views through the treetops, a unique retreat for contemplation, reflection, and art. Our inspiration at Nurture Through Nature is to create spaces for private, peaceful refuge within the forest, surrounded by nature’s beauty. Unplug into your own private off the grid retreat on the slopes of Pleasant Mountain. Make this your base for outdoor recreation and eco~adventures. The Sunset Yurt is accessible by foot along a rugged, sloped trail; a short climb to your own private sanctuary.
The yurt is surprisingly big and the iron stove is very effective. It’s very secluded and quiet. The property is large with hiking paths and a creek. Very clean.
We loved our visit! Plenty of hammocks and swimming spots to enjoy. The yurt was cozy and clean, with all the supplies we needed to enjoy the woods in comfort.
What an amazing getaway! Just what we needed for some time away from the hustle and bustle of daily life. Everything was well explained and our yurt was clean and tidy and everything we needed was available to us or explained to us ahead of time. We will definitely be back!
What a lovely, relaxing retreat! I enjoyed exploring the property (other huts and yurts scattered deeper in the woods) and the surrounding area (hiked Pleasant Mountain, which lives up to the name). Jen was very helpful and communicative via text. I hope to be back!
Enjoyed our stay the property was beautiful and super relaxing. Thank you Jen!
- private yurt stay for 1-3 guests (16-foot diameter with 4 windows, dome and tall walls)
- queen pull~out futon and single cot
- fully furnished
- organic teas & locally roasted organic coffee, our very own Maine Morning Micro Roasters Coffee!
- french press, coffee bean grinder and tea pot
- two burner propane stove for basic cooking and meal planning
- kitchen amenities; dishes, pots and pans, utensils, pot holders
- dish soap, sponge, hand sanitizer
- ice chest for food storage (no ice on site)
- fire wood (for indoor fires only), newspaper, kindling, matches
- wood stove for warming and cooking
- warm showers located at Pioneer shower room
- mountain pure drinking water from our drilled well
- nearby swanky composting toilet and seasonal open~air shower
- maps for private walking/hiking trails on 33 acres along our beautiful spring fed mountain brook and views of the nearby White
- Mountain National Forest
- hammock, picnic table and camp fire ring
Enjoy the backcountry feeling with easy access…A short climb by foot…We provide garden carts and harnessed sleds for easy carrying.
Cancellation policy: If you cancel your booking more than 14 days prior to your scheduled arrival, we will refund your deposit less a $50 service charge. Cancellations made within 14 days of your scheduled arrival will result in the forfeiture of 50% of your deposit. However, if we are able to re-book the cabin/yurt for the entire cancelled period, we will refund your deposit less a 10% service charge. Total balances are due prior to departure. Please be sure to include any added services or store purchases to your balance. Delayed arrivals, early departures, and holiday periods are nonrefundable. Additional services, such as private qi gong, private yoga, private sauna appointments, etc. have a 24 hour cancellation policy. If you cancel your service(s) appointment within 24 hours or do not keep your appointment you will be billed for that session.